GPTQ Annual Conference 2017: Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
GPTQ Annual Conference and Pre-Conference Events 2017 Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy
The terms and conditions outlined on this page are for attendance at the GPTQ pre-conference events on Friday 24 November 2017 (excluding the Exit Workshop and RLO / SLO Forum) and GPTQ Annual Conference 25 – 26 November 2017.
- The GPTQ pre-conference events and GPTQ annual conference are funded educational events primarily for:
- GPTQ GP Registrars
- GPTQ Supervisors (including Academic Supervisors)
- Practice Managers from GPTQ training practices
- GPTQ Medical Educators and GPTQ External Clinical Teachers
- The conference registration fee is waived for individuals from the above mentioned groups and they will receive complimentary registration. There are limited complimentary registrations available, and once the limit has been reached in each category, additional delegate registrations will be held on a waitlist and complimentary registration will only be available as cancellations occur.
- Delegates are required to indicate their attendance at pre-conference events, the GPTQ annual conference and the conference gala dinner by indicating under a single delegate registration. As the gala dinner is a ticketed event, delegates who do not register to attend will not receive a ticket.
- Individuals from AGPT Regional Training Organisations (RTOs) who are presenting a conference workshop or paper are eligible for a complimentary conference registration.
- Other interested individuals from stakeholder organisations and other AGPT RTOs, external to GPTQ, are eligible to attend, upon payment of a flat rate registration fee of $520 (this is a full conference fee, inclusive of the GPTQ Gala Dinner (no lesser fee is available for single day attendance). Any accommodation and travel costs incurred by such attendees will be at their own expense and not subsidised by GPTQ.
- Delegates, including accredited supervisors, attending the GPTQ conference are advised that there is no sessional recompense for attendance at the conference.
- Delegates who attend either pre-conference activities and/or the annual conference and wish to gain ACRRM PDP, RACGP QI & CPD, GPTQ supervisor points or registrar education hours, must submit a sessional evaluation for these points/hours to be allocated. Evaluations must be submitted by a closing date which will be announced at the conference. Late submission of evaluations will not allow points to be allocated.
- Registrars attending the conference will be eligible for:
AGPT Education hours Attendance at: 12 Pre-conference showcase ‘Mystique of e-Health’ Friday 24 November 2017 and both days of the conference (Saturday 25 November and Sunday 26 November 2017). 6 Conference attendance Saturday 25 November 2017 4 Conference attendance Sunday 26 November 2017 2 Pre-conference showcase ‘Mystique of e-Health’ Friday 24 November 2017
- Accredited supervisors attending the conference will gain:
GPTQ Training points Attendance at: 8 Pre-conference showcase ‘Mystique of e-Health’ Friday 24 November 2017 and both days of the conference (Saturday 25 November and Sunday 26 November 2017). 4 Conference attendance Saturday 25 November 2017 2 Conference attendance Sunday 26 November 2017 2 Pre-conference showcase ‘Mystique of e-Health’ Friday 24 November 2017
- Delegates are eligible for ACRRM PDP points and RACGP QI&CPD points (application pending).
- Practice Managers who are members of the Australian Association of Practice Managers (AAPM) will accrue PDP points on the presentation of a certificate of attendance that will be provided by GPTQ.
- Complimentary GPTQ gala dinner attendance is available to all one and two-day conference registrations. Attendance at the Conference gala dinner must be indicated at the time of registration. Practice managers who do not want to attend the GPTQ annual conference, are welcome to purchase tickets for the conference dinner, through the registration portal, at a cost of $120 per ticket.
- Delegates who wish to bring a partner to the conference dinner are able to purchase tickets at the time of submitting their registration at a cost of $120 for a partner. As the conference dinner is a licenced event, attendees must be 18 years and over.
- The GPTQ conference is a ‘green conference’. There will be minimal paper use and online programs and resources will be used in lieu of printed material. We encourage travel by public transport at all opportunities to the accommodation and/or conference venue.
- Images and footage collected by GPTQ for use in promotional material will be taken throughout the GPTQ conference and preconference events. All aspects of the events will be covered and it is possible you may appear in some multimedia. The multimedia from this event may be used by GPTQ and may appear in any of our promotional material, whether in printed or electronic form. By attending this event you are consenting for your image to be used in promotional material that may be created from images and footage taken throughout the event.
- All delegates must be aware of GPTQ’s conference cancellation policy.
Accommodation and Travel expenses
Accommodation and Travel Expenses for Delegates attending GPTQ Pre-Conference Events Friday 24th November 2017 and GPTQ Annual Conference 25 – 26 November 2017
- Practice Managers from Zone 1 Practices who are required to travel a substantial distance (refer to the Table 1 in item 22) to attend the Practice Manager Day only, have the opportunity to apply for a limited number of accommodation and travel packages available. Accommodation can be utilised on either Thursday 23 or Friday 24 November 2017. These packages will be allocated in order of registration being received. Refer to Table 1 for more information. Practice Managers’ attending both the Practice Managers’ Day and the GPTQ Conference should read further and refer to the information under the heading Conference Delegates (including PreConference Events).
- Once these allocated accommodation packages have been exhausted, other Delegates will be able to attend the Practice Manager Day with complimentary Registration but will be responsible for their own accommodation cost
- Practice Managers who are provided accommodation on Friday 24 November 2017 are encouraged to attend the PreConference ‘Mystique of e-Health’ showcase.
Practice Address Package available if attending Practice Manager Day ONLY Allora Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Blackbutt Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Clifton Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Chinchilla Kilometre reimbursement and two nights’ accommodation available Crows Nest Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Dalby Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Goondiwindi Kilometre reimbursement and two nights’ accommodation available Inglewood Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Kingaroy Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Millmerran Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Murgon Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Pittsworth Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Oakey Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Stanthorpe Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Warwick Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available Wondai Kilometre reimbursement and one night accommodation available
Conference Delegates (including Pre-Conference Events)
- There are a limited number of funded accommodation and travel packages for delegates from the GPTQ network attending pre-conference events and the conference.
- To be eligible for a funded accommodation and travel package, delegates must register for the GPTQ conference and nominate an accommodation and travel package by 9am Monday 16 October
- Priority for the accommodation and travel packages will be given to delegates working in the Darling Downs & West Moreton and Gold Coast districts who are attending a minimum of two days inclusive of pre-conference events (24 November) and the conference (25 – 26 November). These packages will be allocated in order of registration being received, so early registration is encouraged.
- Delegates working in the Darling Downs & West Moreton and Gold Coast districts who hold one-day registration are able to nominate for an accommodation and travel package and will be held on a waitlist.
- Delegates who work in Districts other than Darling Downs & West Moreton and Gold Coast districts are able to nominate for an accommodation package and will be held on a waitlist.
- Accommodation and travel packages for those on the waitlist will be allocated after 9 am Monday 16 October 2017 in order of registration being received and are dependent on available funding. Priority for those on the eligible waitlist will be given to delegates from the Darling Downs & West Moreton and Gold Coast districts with a one-day registration (excluding Practice Manager Day delegates), followed by delegates from other districts.
- Once these packages have been allocated, other delegates will be able to attend the conference with complimentary conference registration but will be responsible for their own accommodation and travel cost.
- All GPTQ funded accommodation and travel packages must be arranged by GPTQ. Delegates who book their own accommodation and travel will not be reimbursed for this expenditure.
- The GPTQ funded accommodation package for a delegate includes bed and breakfast and parking. GPTQ will not pay for the additional cost of partners or family members staying with the conference delegate. Private expenses such as mini bar, phone calls or other incidentals will be the responsibility of the delegate and must be paid when checking out. The venue has been instructed on these arrangements. GPTQ reserves the right to recover any of these costs charged to our master account.
- Delegates eligible for an accommodation package on Friday 24 November, the night prior to the conference, may claim a maximum amount of $35.00 for dinner on the night of Friday 24 November 2017. Tax invoices/receipts are required for reimbursement of this cost. A conference delegate who chooses not to attend the conference dinner, on Saturday 25 November 2017, and dines out instead, will not be eligible for reimbursement of this meal.
- Delegates travelling from Darling Downs & West Moreton and Gold Coast districts will be eligible to claim mileage. Motor vehicle travel claims are paid using a kilometre rate stipulated by the Australian Taxation Office. Distances will be confirmed using the standard distances from the RACQ website. Claim forms will be made available to delegates during and after the conference.
- All requests for travel will be reviewed and responded to within one week of receipt.
- Parking costs while attending the conference are not eligible to be claimed unless part of the GPTQ conference accommodation package.
- GPTQ expense claim forms will be available for delegates during and after the conference. All expense claims must be supported by tax invoice. All payments are made by EFT to the delegate’s nominated bank account and claims must be received at GPTQ by 4 December 2017. Claims received at GTPQ after 4 December 2017 will not be processed or paid.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Credit card receipts do not constitute a tax invoice and will not be sufficient supporting evidence on which to action a reimbursement of expenses.
- All delegates registered for complimentary attendance at the conference, who subsequently do not attend without providing notice on or before 9am Monday 31 October 2017, may incur a $250 cost recovery fee if they had registered for the two days, or a $125 cost recovery if they had registered for one day.
- All external delegates who have purchased registration for the conference, who subsequently do not attend without providing notice on or before 9 am Monday 30 October 2017, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Additional conference dinner tickets purchased will not attract a refund if cancelled after 9am Monday 30 October 2017.
- All delegates registered for attendance at the conference dinner who subsequently are unable to attend the dinner, are requested to hand their ticket in to GPTQ conference organisers by 11:00 am Saturday 25 November 2017, so that their ticket can be reallocated.
- All requests from Delegates for amendments to air, rail or bus travel, already booked by GPTQ, will attract an amendment fee and additional payment, should the cost of the amended travel exceed the original cost of the travel arranged. These costs must be met by the Delegate.
- GPTQ reserves the right to recover the full cost of accommodation and breakfast from the Delegate if the accommodation is unable to be resold. The following penalties will be observed for cancellation of accommodation:
- If cancelled on or before 9am Monday 30 October 2017 there will be no penalty.
- If cancelled after 9am Monday 30 October 2017 GPTQ reserves the right to recover the full cost of accommodation and breakfast from the Delegate if the accommodation is unable to be resold.