GPTQ Annual Report 2019
For our communities
We educate, inspire and prepare GPs to deliver quality primary care.
GPTQ Annual Report 2019 – online version
Acknowledgement of country
In keeping with the spirit of reconciliation, GPTQ acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land where we now stand. We wish to pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging — and acknowledge the important role Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people continue to play within the GPTQ community.
Message from the Chair
2019 has been a busy and rewarding year for the Board and staff of GPTQ. The year heralded the opening stages of the 2019 to 2021 funding agreement, with the imperative of negotiated, gradual transition of training responsibilities to the Colleges from the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Message from the CEO
At GPTQ we are committed to our vision of shaping healthy communities through education. We strive to deliver the highest standards of education and training to GP Registrars so they can meet the primary healthcare needs of the remote, rural and urban communities where they will serve.
Table of contents
- Who we are & GPTQ Districts
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Message from the Chair
- Message from the CEO
- Strategic priorities
- GPTQ in 2019
- Acting Head of Education report
- Chief Medical Education and Training Officer report
- Innovative education design and delivery
- Educating, preparing and inspiring
- Real world training experience
- Investigation to facilitate innovation
- Exploring connections between spirituality and traditional medicine
- Where the journey can lead
- Our people
- Our partnerships
- Commitment that has shaped GPTQ
- Looking ahead